Loan & Reserve
Circulation Rules, You must have your student card at all times to borrow any items.
Books: 2 weeks (2 Renewals) - Maximum 10 items/student
Strict Reserves: 1 or 2 hour use in Library - Maximum 2 items/student
Laptops: In Library use only
Video's & DVD's: In-College use only. Previewing in Library. May be signed out for viewing in class.
Reference books do not leave the library, consultation only.
Reserve and strict reserve
At the request of teachers, certain items have been placed on reserve and/or on strict reserve.
These items are located at the Circulation Desk.
Strict reserve items can be borrowed but must not leave the library.
Reserve items can be borrowed overnight and on week-ends. They can be taken out after 3:00pm and must be returned the next day before 8:30am. There is a $2.00 fine per day for all reserve items brought back late.
Fines & Late Charges
General circulation: $0.25 per book per day ($10.00 max).
Reserve materials: 1 and 2 hour items: $5.00 immediate fine if late.
Recall notice: a $5.00 per item recall fine will be added for all material not returned as requested.
- Laptops: $50.00 fine for late/non-return of equipment.
- There is a $5.00 fine for removing "Library Use Only" materials from the Library. This includes specified Reserve items, reference books, magazines and newspapers.
- Borrowing privileges will be revoked if more than 5 items are overdue or if an item is more than 5 days overdue.
- Lost or Damaged Items: $50.00 replacement and processing fee ($10.00) plus any fine owing will be applied to account. At the end of each semester, all unreturned items are flagged as "Lost" and associated fines are added to students accounts.
- Unpaid library debts may result in loss of borrowing privileges. All overdue items must be returned and outstanding debts must be cleared by the end of semester.