When students fail half or more of the courses in which they are registered, they must apply for readmission to the college. As a part of this process, students must write to the Dean of Students and Academic Services explaining the following:
- at what point in the semester they realized they were in academic difficulty;
- what steps, if any, they took to help themselves;
- what steps they plan to take to improve their academic situation if readmitted to the college.
As a readmission condition, the Dean may place the student on academic probation. Students in this situation must sign a contract. Clauses in the contract pertain to one or more of the following:
- class attendance;
- behaviour in class;
- time management;
- academic advising;
- psychological counselling;
- personal, educational and/or career counselling;
- peer tutoring services;
- mathematics workshops;
- workshops related to specific needs of the students.
The student may also be asked to seek help outside of the college in order to address problems relating to alcohol and/or drugs.